CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 333


 

May 5th, 2011 
Thursday

JOY is having a learning experience come right to your yard.  After nap I went out back to prepare the kids and I to garden.  I walked near the garden beds and saw a swarm of hundereds of insects above our woodpile in the corner, upon closer inspection I saw they were honey bees.  I frantically ran in the house, gathered the kids, left them in the house then ran out front and hollared at the neighbors asking them what to do.  The swarm made its way out front (as in the picture) investing the honeysuckle bush by my office window.  My neighbor called a honey bee keeper who promptly came over and set up a bee hive in my front yard, capturing the queen and her workers.  The kids and I really enjoyed watching this whole display and learned a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment